I am an Assistant Professor in the Physics Department of the School of Science and Technology of the Nazarbayev University. My research interests are in the field of computational and theoretical astrophysics. My current research mainly focuses on various aspects of core-collapse supernovae and compact objects such as neutron star, black holes, and white dwarfs. More generally, I work on various topics at the interface of numerical relativity, fluid/plasma dynamics, gravitational waves, nuclear/neutrino astrophysics, radiation transport, and high-performance computing.
Before joining Nazarbayev University, I was a postdoctoral scholar at the Louisiana State University (2/2010-2/2011), California Institute of Technology (2/2011-4/2014), and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (5/2014-7/2014). I received my PhD from SISSA in 2009. My full CV is available here.
- C. Huete, E. Abdikamalov, D. Radice, The impact of vorticity waves on the shock dynamics in core-collapse supernovae, MNRAS, 475, 3305, 2018
- E. Abdikamalov, A. Zhaksylykov, D. Radice, S. Berdibek, Shock-turbulence interaction in core-collapse supernovae, MNRAS, 461:3864, 2016
- E. Abdikamalov, C. D. Ott, D. Radice, L. F. Roberts, R. Haas, C. Reisswig, P. Mösta, H. Klion, and E. Schnetter, Neutrino-driven Turbulent Convection and Standing Accretion Shock Instability in Three-Dimensional Core-Collapse Supernovae, ApJ, 808, 70, 22, 2015.
- E. Abdikamalov, Sarah Gossan, Alexandra M. DeMaio, and Christian D. Ott, Measuring the Angular Momentum Distribution in Core-Collapse Supernova Progenitors with Gravitational Waves, Physical Review D, 90:044001, 2014, Arxiv e-prints:1311.3678
- C. D. Ott, E. Abdikamalov, P. Mösta, R. Haas, S. Drasco, E. O’Connor, C. Reisswig, C. Meakin, E. Schnetter, General-Relativistic Simulations of Three-Dimensional Core-Collapse Supernovae, Astrophysical Journal 768:24, 2013, Arxiv e-prints: 1210.6674.
- E. Abdikamalov, A. Burrows, C. D. Ott, F. Löffler, E. O’Connor, J. Dolence, E. Schnetter, A New Monte Carlo Method for Time-dependent Neutrino Radiation Transport, Astrophysical Journal, 755:111, 2012
- O. Korobkin, E. Abdikamalov, E. Schnetter, N. Stergioulas, B. Zink, Stability of general-relativistic accretion disks, Physical Review D 83:043007, 2011
- E. Abdikamalov, C. D Ott, L. Rezzolla, L. Dessart, H. Dimmelmeier, A. Marek, H.-T. Janka, Axisymmetric general relativistic simulations of the accretion-induced collapse of white dwarfs, Physical Review D 81:044012, 2010
- E. Abdikamalov, H. Dimmelmeier, L Rezzolla, J. C. Miller, Relativistic simulations of the phase-transition-induced collapse of neutron stars, MNRAS 392:52, 2009